Don’t miss Idaho’s first real 100k in the spectacular hills surrounding the historic mining town of Silver City, Idaho. On this tremendously diverse and beautiful course, the scenic vistas are unparalleled. On the course, junipers, aspens, wildflowers, evergreens, rock outcroppings, sage, and mine tailings make this run beautiful and unique. A few climbs make the run challenging, but overall the courses are quite runnable, composed of 100% dirt surfaces on doubletrack ATV trails and some 4WD truck roads. The race begins just outside of Silver City (elev. 6430′); 100k runners traverse from a high at Hayden Peak (8400′) to a low near 5600′. Read up on the history of Silver City. This race is the third race in the 2013 Scott Sports Idaho Trail Ultra Series, is sponsored by The Pulse Running & Fitness Shop and Scott Sports, and is produced by Pickled Feet Ultra Running.
- 6/19/2013, 10:30 AM: The Silver City 100k start time has been changed to 5:37 am this Saturday June 22, with a 4:00 am early start option for those who feel they need the extra time. In order to preserve the integrity of the competition and respect the competitive field, the 100k race will now have a REGULAR start time of 5:37 am, which will allow about an 18 min/mile average to make the published aid station cutoffs. It will be mostly light by that time. The 4:00 am start is the EARLY start. If you don’t feel you can finish in 18-19 hours, you should take the early start. **The expectation is that everyone will start at the regular time of 5:37 am unless you feel like you need the extra time. People taking the early start will not be eligible for overall awards.**
- June 18, 2013: Read the pre-race briefing email that was sent to runners today.
- June 18, 2013: Race Directors will be out of cell & email contact starting Wednesday June 19th. Any questions need to be asked before that, or wait until you get to the race. Packet pickup is happening Wednesday the 19th and Thursday the 20th at the Pulse Running & Fitness Shop in Meridian, from 10am – 6 pm. Packets will also be available Friday on-site at the race start Friday from 4-9 pm and no later than 15 minutes before your race start Saturday morning.
- June 12, 2013: Thanks to runner Ryan Anderson for putting 50k and 100k Climbing Analyses for us! Also, we posted a contextual map with all three courses together so you can see how all three courses interact.
- June 10, 2013: Registration is closed, and we are not accepting any more registrations, sorry! Bib #s have been updated on the Ultrasignup registrant lists.
- May 1, 2013: Overview maps for each of the races are updated on the respective race distance pages. These maps are nice to give you a context for race layout, aid station placement, and are good for crews to see where the main roads are.
- April 30, 2013: Facebook event created to use for connecting with other racers, arranging ridesharing and logistics, and asking questions.
- April 19, 2013: 100k Maps and aid station charts are posted!! We ended up needing to make a change to the 50k course as well, so please check out the 50k page for an updated map and aid station chart. The 30k is exactly the same route as last year.
- February 21, 2013: Registration is now open via Ultrasignup!! Registration will be open through June 9th; race will be capped at 200 runners with no waitlist being maintained. Prices go up after April 30th; 90% refunds given before April 30th, with no refunds starting May 1st. We are working on some logistical changes for the 100k route, so please keep checking the website on the 100k page for updates to the 2013 course. I left 2012 maps up for reference, as the new course will maintain most of the same elements and basic elevation gain. 30k and 50k routes will remain the same.